It will be up to each impl class of Log to handle
configuration issues.  (So, no, I don't forsee any
sort of abstraction for logging properties, which
sounds like a losing battle.)  The current log4j impl
class is just proxying over to Category, which would
load log4j.properties from the classpath as normal.

--- Ceki Gülcü <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Morgan,
>
> How do you intend to handle log4j configuration
> files? Ceki
>
> At 13:51 08.08.2001 -0700, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I've committed a proposal for a Logging package to
> the
> >jakarta-commons/logging.  Please review it, if you
> >can.  I've repackaged the code, which was
> originally
> >inside httpclient but seemed to warrant its own
> >component.  Please make any suggestions you like on
> >the proposal and scope before we call a formal
> vote.
> >

>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-commons/logging/PROPOSAL.html?rev=1.1&content-type=text/html
> >
> >The main idea is to have a thin logging facade that
> we
> >can use for the Commons components.  It's important
> >note that this is NOT a proposal for a logging
> tool;
> >the idea is that you plug in the logger of your
> choice
> >at runtime via these methods.  Hopefully this will
> >alleviate some concerns wrt. the different logging
> >implementations available now and in the future.
> >
> >I'm thinking that this library is mainly targeted
> >toward use within Commons projects, although I
> don't
> >see why end-users could not utilize the library
> >directly if they want to keep their logging options
> >open.
> >
> >- Morgan
> >

> >=====
> >Morgan Delagrange
> >Britannica.com

> >Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
> with Yahoo! Messenger
> >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
>
> --
> Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch