> > Also, I just can't accept your proposal, since Slide is on a different
> > schedule than the fast tracked HTTP client. People using the Slide
WebDAV
> > client are in fact using the HTTP client underneath. Changing its API
> would
> > introduce API changes to the WebDAV part too. So the move to 2.0 would
> only
> > happen in Slide 2.0, which isn't even planned yet (that probably means
> more
> > than a year). So to meet our needs, we have to mantain the 1.x branch
for
> > while, and that probably means there would be a few feature additions in
> the
> > meantime.
> >

> Hum ... this is a problem ... one year is a long time ... But isn't it
> possible that the WebDAV API would act as a wrapper around
> commons-HttpClient-2.x and hide the API changes there ? You said yourself
> that it is possible to accomodate for the majority of the changes without
> breaking the existing API  ...

The WebDAV client in Slide is made of two parts :
- An extension of the HTTP client which adds support for the WebDAV methods
- A higer level wrapper

Breaking the API for the HTTP client will break the first half, and there
are people using it (mainly because the wrapper was only recently
introduced).

Remy