> > features)
> > >
> > > +1.
> >
> > I made a mistake when casting my vote there, if the "no new features" is
> > interpreted strictly, in which case I would vote -1.
> >

> No, it should not be interpreted strictly, well not 100% strictly but
maybe
> 90% ... :) My only concern is to have 2 branches that will live
> independently  with different sets of committers and not point of
> convergence ... I don't think it would do any good, would it ? Everyone
> would be happy but it would be the same as having 2 separate
> implementations. However if the changes to 1.x are bug fixes and maybe
some
> minor evolutions but with the goal of easing the migration to the 2.0
> release, then I would be for it. Branches are meant to be reconciled ...
>
> Your example of adding a DIGEST support in branch 1.x is fine I think
during
> the migration phase to 2.0 (i.e. during the time when Slide is still using
> 1.x and has not yet migrated to 2.x) but this change should also be added
> the main 2. x branch.
>
> > Remy
>
> P.S.: I have probably come too strong in my other email ... and I
apologize
> for that (I should not write emails in the afternoon, I'm too tired ...
> :-) ).
>
> I guess we agree here and the only remaining point is the location of the
> 2.x branch. I would not want to see in the sandbox. What about others ?

As 2.0 was never voted upon, this is not up for anyone to decide. It has to
be in the sandbox, period.

Also, I just can't accept your proposal, since Slide is on a different
schedule than the fast tracked HTTP client. People using the Slide WebDAV
client are in fact using the HTTP client underneath. Changing its API would
introduce API changes to the WebDAV part too. So the move to 2.0 would only
happen in Slide 2.0, which isn't even planned yet (that probably means more
than a year). So to meet our needs, we have to mantain the 1.x branch for a
while, and that probably means there would be a few feature additions in the
meantime.

Remy