Sebastien Lelong wrote:
> Oh, and what about 1N4148 diode ? What's the purpose ? Make sure the circuit
> is correctly polarized ? Can a 1N4007 do the job ?

If I may jump in. The datasheets for the LCD usually say that the 
backlight should be powered with 4.2 or 4.3V. Since my circuits are 
usually powered with 5V I normally use *only* a Si-diode between Vdd and 
the backlight pin of the LCD (1N4148 or 1N400x, and no series resistor). 
  That is not really a proper current limitor, but all my LCDs are still 
alive.

Note: This works still OK with the PWM backlight library, with which I 
use a little mosfet (BS170) between the backlight ground pin of the LCD 
and ground.

Regards, Rob.

-- 
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to