Hy there! Since a couple of days I'm having a functional pic programmer (you should ask Joep all about it :-D). It was a long and difficult road to get to this point, but here I am!
This question may sound strange, but I'm looking for the main differences between JALlib and the Libraries used in the book 'pic microcontrollers' from Bert Van Dam. This not only for me, but for all the other starters that want to make the step to a more extended library! I've read this book to get somewhat of an initiation to JAL, and my interest in it has grown since then. Finally some opensource language to do the trick! I'll try to note here my remarks: * The includes are definitely different. * I suppose the delay() library is included within the other 'Bert- libraries' * Where are the Pragma's ? They're never discussed in the book? Until Joep told me what they were, I had no idea! * enable_digital_io() is not used either (included in the target pic library ?) * The delay() library is completely different, for example you don't have a delay_1s() anymore Are there any other major differences ? And is there any way to help make a startersguide for newbies (English and Dutch). I was looking at the arduino.cc site, and noticed that their 'learning' section is really good! Off coarse, in this case it get's somewhat harder to provide a guide for - let's say - >200 µC. I'm just wondering how to get JAL to the 'getting starters' Kind regards Toon --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
