>
>
> I wish jallib had a more step by step approach for beginners. I'm sure
> we have this already on http://jallib.blogspot.com/, it's just not
> displayed in a nice order like in bert's book.


Yes, there are "step by step" tutorials on jalliblog. You can access them
clicking on "step by step" label on the right:

  - Step by step: interfacing a Sharp GP2D02 IR ranger
  - Step by Step: having fun with PWM and a piezo buzzer (or a speaker)
(part 2)
  - Step by Step: having fun with PWM and a LED (part 1)
  - Step by Step: interfacing a HD44780-compatible LCD display
  - Step by Step: building an i2c slave with jallib (part 3)
  - Step by Step: building an i2c slave with jallib (part 2)
  - Step by Step: building an i2c slave with jallib (part 1)


OK, no "Step by step: blinking a LED" but I'm on it (with 18F4550) ! And
once ADC libs are released, I'll write few posts on this topic too. But
you're right, there's no logical order. Maybe we can create a sticky post,
pointing to the main sections of jalliblog. Would need to be updated on each
post creation.

Finally, don't you think there should also be a "step by step: having fun
with hard drives" ? :)
I strongly believe that this really adds value to jal and jallib. Really.
More than providing libs & samples, you can show people what you're doing,
and if they want to reproduce this, they'll know it'll look like, thanks to
photos, schematics, etc... I don't even talk about the huge benefits of
writing... And you can even put videos (that you can't have in a book) ! OK
I admit sometime videos are more about marketing than actually showing how
it moves, but it also works: some people have registered to my video on
youtube, because they want to stay tuned.

So... let me know if you want a jalliblog account :)

Seb
-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to