>
> http://jallib.blogspot.com/ looks confusing for beginners. When you go
> to the main page, you see "PIC 18f14k50 USB Interface Board: Part 1",
> Is this where a beginner should start?


That's why I was talking about a sticky post, always shown at first. We
maybe the blog idea (which I liked) isn't enough, we should consider
migrating it to a wiki (as Eur wanted at the beginning). What I like with
blog is you can follow it using RSS. I guess some wikis can do the same.

Any suggestions for a free wiki website ?


>
> Just starting out? You should try the following examples first:
> 1. What is jal, what is a pic?
> 2. Choosing a pic
> 3. Installing your pic on a board and test with blink a led
> 4. Changing your code to blink 3 leds in a row
> 5. using variables & operators
> 6. making a procedure & function
> 7. We also suggest the following links for beginners......


OK.


>
> Then, all other tutorials should be listed with a difficulty level


This is kind fo what done, using labels on the blog: "beginner,
intermediate, ...". Not very user friendly, I agree.


>
> I agree and I would love to, however I do not have time at the moment,
> I have other stuff I would like to work on first such as fat32. I will
> at least look over the diagrams and writings that I have created so
> far to see how much time it will take me to put together a new
> tutorial. I have created a tutorial on my website
> www.borntechi.com/ide.php
> however it is a bit old. I would like a jalliblog account.


OK, once you're ready, let me know, I'll create it for you (or maybe on the
wiki website).


>
> Other suggestions:
> 1. Someone should create a jallib book. Some people just like books.


Huge work, needs a lot of time.


>
> 2. jallib language reference sucks, the manual's layout is horrible
> and needs to be updated. http://www.casadeyork.com/jalv2/language.html


But at least it exits. Could be part of a wiki.


> 3. some basic procedures/functions should be added to jallib that are
> available no matter what chip you are using, and you should not have
> to do an include for these functions. An explanation of these should
> be added into the language reference.
>
> One example might be this function:
>
> my_val = word_split(word in myword, byte in byte_select). -- get a
> byte out of a word


OK, this could be added


Cheers,
Seb
-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to