> I have not gotten FAT32 to run yet... I'm still fighting with pata. But if 
> someone is bored and needs some light entertainment, I'll talk about FAT a 
> bit :-)
I don't see why you can't get it running. Others have, and I have had
no issues.

>The long sound takes 500MByte, and uses therefore 4096 FAT sectors. reading 
>them all to search for fragments would take about 3 seconds, which should be 
>inacceptable.
That's a huge sound file. How many seconds is it and what quality? For
your example, I don't see why you would need a song longer then 30
seconds, and the same quality as audio CDs should be fine. I would
guess at a max of 10mb for this file in .wav format.

I also don't see why you would choose a cluster size of 2. However, of
course, I do see your point. Someone may do this for some reason.

Fat32-small would help with your issue anyways, since there are no
fragments. Just attach both wave files together in one file, and start
reading at the correct location.

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to