> > You still can use the byte
> variable up to 255 and outside loop you can
> > make everything only once.but I think there will be no
> benefit
> > regarding to code size...
> 
> Would we save on ram space, and is the code size the same
> or worse?

var byte count

count=0
repeat

  ;do something useful here

  count=count+1
until count==0


This loop runs exactly 256 times, using a byte variable as counter. In the 
first run, count=0, gets incremented to 1, and is checked if equal to 0. It is 
not, so the loop runs.

On the 256th run, count=255, gets incremented, rolls over to 0, and exits the 
loop.

It is possible and you can do it "by hand", of course, I was just disappointed 
that the compiler does not make use of this technique.
 
 
> >> Surly the easiest thing for you to do
> >> would be to get a 18f4620
> 
> >Should arrive tuesday. I've just ordered it yesterday.
> I obviously don't need to tell you these things :) 

Oh, most times it's better to say a bit more than to leave things unclear :-) 
Sometimes nonsense talk triggers great ideas :-D


> One more
> thing I
> can mention is that if you get a "click" sound from your
> hard disk
> during boot-up, it's probably getting wrong data. The first
> thing I
> like to test is for "spin-up" and "spin-down"

The pata-lib had once worked, and the PIC gave me a hexdump of some thousands 
of sectors I wanted to use to examine code "by hand". The data is plausible. 
The port setup differs from yours, however. I should check that setup again, I 
might well have set a wrong alias.

> When you do get it working, I can also send you a copy of
> my hard disk
> data.

That might be interesting if I don't get it wo work with the 18f4620. I've 
formatted the partitions on linux, so maybe there's little differences in the 
metadata. 

But today it's a staircase light switch module using distance sensors...

Greets,
Kiste 


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to