U-WROTE:
        if (!errors.isEmpty()) {
            getMailetContext().sendMail(mail.getSender(),
                                        errors, mail.getMessage(),Mail.ERROR);
        }

So in the event of an exception from the JDBC layer, we SHOULD be logging
the exception and posting the mail to the error processor, so you should
find the e-mails in your error repository.  Of course, if the spooler is
also using JDBC, then we can't do that (but nor would we be able to receive
new e-mails), nor can we store it in the error repository if THAT store uses
JDBC.

I-WRITE:
hmmmm..... i would have thought that an error message of NO RECIPIENT (or
something like that)
would be sent to the sender... the idea is that i would not want to accept the
message if i cannot process it.
the way it seems is that James will accept everything and then process it
later - IF CONFIGURED PROPERLY\, otherwise the accepted mail is lost.

U-WROTE:
By the way, must you use MSSQL?  I hear nothing (absolutely nothing) good
about the JDBC drivers for MSSQL.  I can tell you that in my own testing
with MySQL, I have pumped millions of messages.  My last stress test ran 40
hours and roughly 4 million messages.  Success breeds trust.

I-WRITE:
um, well, no, not really. M$SQL is already on the box and used. unfortunately, i
have had the reverse experience with MySQL where it was(is) not stable at all
running in a WinTel environment... but that too can be INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED..

alan