> hey all,
> i'm using 2.0a2 with smtphandler from
2.1a1-2002-8-18.
> i currently have the following smtp config:
>
> <authRequired>true</authRequired>
> <verifyIdentity>true</verifyIdentity>
>
> i would like to allow just one user to bypass
verifyidentity and use a
> business address. i am considering disabling
verifyidentity and making
> the folowing changes to the transport processor:
>
>        <!--  Processor CONFIGURATION SAMPLE:
transport is a sample custom
>         processor for local or remote delivery -->
>         <processor name="transport">
>           <!-- Is the recipient is for a local
account, deliver it
> locally
> -->
>           <mailet match="RecipientIsLocal"
class="LocalDelivery">
>           </mailet>
>
>           <!-- If the host is handled by this server
and it did not get
>           locally delivered,  this is an invalid
recipient -->
>           <mailet match="HostIsLocal"
class="ToProcessor">
>             <processor>error</processor>
>           </mailet>
>
> <!-- this begins my modification to the transport
processor  -->

match="SenderIs=user1@localhost,user2@localhost,user3@localhost,user3@
> othe
> rhost"
>        class="RemoteDelivery">
>             <outgoing> file://var/mail/outgoing/
</outgoing>
>             <delayTime> 21600000 </delayTime>
>             <maxRetries> 5 </maxRetries>
>           </mailet>
>
>     <mailet match="All" class="ToProcessor">
>       <processor> error </processor>
>     </mailet>
> <!-- this ends my modification to the transport
processor -->
>         </processor>
>
> does anyone see any glaring problems with this
modification or does
> anyone know of a better way to accomplish the same
thing?

I don't necessarily think that this is the best way to
accomplish what you want.  But it looks like it should
work.

As I understand it, you've got one user who isn't
local.  Why don't you grant that user an account, and
have them use their otherhost address as the reply-to
for mails sent on that account?  That way you can
maintain security, but allow all mails to the
"otherhost" person to be delivered appropriately.  You
could also do something a little bit slicker, and put
a mailet in the chain that checked for the "otherhost"
person's local email address as a sender address and
replaced it with the "otherhost" person's otherhost
address.  Is this not doable for political reasons?

If you do it the way you describe the above, you're
going to have to reconfigure your mailet (by adding a
recipient) every time you add a user to the system.

--Peter