JR,

> i am considering disabling verifyidentity and making
> the folowing changes to the transport processor:

<!-- this begins my modification to the transport processor  -->
    <mailet
match="SenderIs=user1@localhost,user2@localhost,user3@localhost,user3@otherh
ost"
       class="RemoteDelivery">
            <outgoing> file://var/mail/outgoing/ </outgoing>
            <delayTime> 21600000 </delayTime>
            <maxRetries> 5 </maxRetries>
    </mailet>

The problem is that anyone can forge the sender information.  As soon as a
spammer seems an e-mail coming from your server, they can come right back to
it, forge the user name, and ... voila! ... you are an Open Relay.  Do not
pass GO, go directly to DNS RBL jail.

        --- Noel