Steve,

you are right, in this case the message will be considered as not infected.

The point is that this header is written in order to have more flexibility writing
config.xml, and to avoid scanning more than once. The risk of having the sender of the
virus infected email adding *exactly* such header is (right now) very very low, as it
would mean that the virus is explicitely addressing James and this specific matcher:
we are not yet so famous! :-) Unless someone wants to attack you personally.

But in fact is something to address, and my plans are to change it from being a
matcher that does everything to being a mailet that has 2 special init parms:
        a <headerName>my [EMAIL PROTECTED]</headerName> and
        a <scanAlways>true/false</scanAlways>.
This way I can avoid any such risk. A HasHeader matcher can later on check the outcome
of the antivirus mailet and do whatever is required.
I need a mailet to avoid having an ugly matcher condition string as is currently used.

Vincenzo