"Marc A. Saegesser" wrote:

> There is a known problem in Apache on Win32 platforms which causes the
> output of CGIs and servlets to be buffered.

Is this a problem? Isn't this done so the server can send the content length
back to the browser before actually sending the content? My experience with the
JavaWebServer on NT is that I had a problem with clogged routers back to the
client if I did not set the content length before sending the output back to the

client.

Since the JWS buffer is only 4KB I often had to fill my own buffer, send the
content length and then write the buffer back. If I didn't do this the client
browser sometimes thought my servlet was done and closed the connection
premeturely.