BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: The example servlets work but mine do not]
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:15:41 +0000
From: Chris Mangiapane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have installed Apache 1.3.11, ApacheJServ 1.1,JSDK 2.0,JDK 1.1.8 on a
Solaris
sparc5 with Solaris 7 OS.
I can navigate to the example servlets OK at
http://myservername/servlets/Hello

I next set up my own zone.

I can navigate to http://myservename/myzone/Hello

I copied zone.properties to myzone.properties.

This is my problem.
I can not seem to get my own servlets to execute.

The servlets are all part of a package mypackage.myservlets

I created a directory
/usr/local/jserv/servlets/mypackage/myservlets
and placed all my class files in this driectory.

I then added a wrapper.classpath to the jserv.properties file
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/jserv/servlets/mypackage/myservlets

I then added myzone to the list of zones in jserv.properties.

Next I added the configuration file statement in
jserv.properties
like this myzone.properties=/usr/local/jserv/myzone.properties

Next I added repositories=
/usr/local/jserv/servlets/mypackage/myservlets
to myzone.properties file

I stop and restart the server.

I attempt to navigate to

http://myservername/myzonename/mypackage.myservlets.ServletClassFile
and I receive the following error message: The requested URL
was not found on this server.

I have read through many pages of documentation and searched
through FAQ list and mailing lists
but have not found any resolution to my problem. I am almost
certain that I have not configured
something correctly but I have no idea what I am missing or
what is wrong.

I know Apache is running.
I know that JServ is working.
I am pretty sure my zone is set up correctly.
Where else should I look?

Here is the error_log message : Premature end of script headers :
/servlets/mypackage.myservlets.ServletClassFile

Here is the mod_jserv.log message :

ajp12 : ping no reply please make sure the wrapper.classpath is pointing
the correct version of the ApacheJServ.jar file

In jserv.properties I have
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/src/jserv/src/java/ApacheJServ.jar

cannot scan servlet headers