BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Ken,
This is exactly what I am tryiing to do.
However, when I navigate to
http://myserver/package/package.myservlets.AServlet

I initially got  an error message
the requested URL /package/package.myservlets.AServlet was not found.

I then noticed that my directory structure was this

/usr/local/jserv/servlets/package/myservlets/AServlet

so I changed this to
/usr/local/jserv/servlets/package/package/myservlets/AServlet

I then got the error message

Internal server error or misconfiguration unable to complete request

Could there be something wrong with my httpd.conf file?
I have looked at this extensively as well and have not
seen any obviuos mistakes? Any idea where I should look?

Chris