the advantage of using axis is the ease of implementing a service with aar/mar
compared to CXF

Also Axis2 is much easier to implement than AWS (although AWS has obvious
advantages with shopping-carts)

i had some problems porting Axis as an ESB publisher and wound up
replacing Axis aars with CXF for a bank with worldwide operations that needed
esb (with offices in brasil no less)

Unfortunately when someone is over-worked and over-stressed (and
under-appreciated)
a short curt response can be elicited..maybe that should be mitigated?

I think we should pull in the PMC Glen Daniels on what he thinks ..maybe Ted
Husted can make some

suggestions to work with MuleESB? also ReleaseManager dims is working with
multilingual smartphones ..any advice on porting Axis services to work with
smartphones..dims?

with regards to Axiom:

i vote to split Axiom from Axis and keep Axiom as a top-level ASF project..this
would allow devs to swap Axiom with other StaxParsers..thoughts?

also it is my belief Rampart should be split off to top-level ASF project
hopefully to participate in more recent advances in PKI..thoughts?

/BR/

Martin