On 10/11/2017 10:23 PM, Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
I agree with Robert, Andreas is really active and he was able to push forward a release few weeks back as well.

I really like him to be the PMC chair and we can give required support to him

This is clearly the preferred outcome. Please make it happen.

Thanks.

--Rich

Deepal
I was waiting for Andreas Veithen to reply since he is by far the most active contributor to Axis2 currently.

I have a vested interest in Axis2 going forward as its used extensively by the company I work for. The CVE questions that come up periodically with Axis2 and its dependencies are essential for the project to continue, and I don't expect being in the attic will allow Axis2 to be used in production projects.

I have been a committer to Axis2 since 2006. I contributed the Spring Framework support to Axis2, ported the SOAP Monitor from Axis1 to Axis2, and wrote some docs explaining both of these and also the Ant commands. This was all years go.

Since then I did respond to some recent security questions regarding the SOAP Monitor, and I do help on the user list around once a month.

From my perspective, we have at least 3 active members as we have had several releases this year already. No problems voting. Because of any CVE's I always run the latest version and dependencies, so I do test the releases.

The main problem as I see it, is no one has stepped up to take over the monthly Apache board reports as required for the Axis2 project. I am not sure I am the right person for it, though it doesn't seem hard.

As stated, I am hoping Andreas Veithen can share his thoughts.

Kind regards,
Robert