On 11/15/05, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Elschot wrote:
> > I think loosing the field boosts for PrefixQuery and friends would not be
> > advisable. Field boosts have a very big range and from that a very big
> > influence on the score and the order of the results in Hits.
>
> It should not be hard to add these.  If a field name is provided, then
> it would be a one or two line change to ConstantScoreQuery.java to have
> it boost scores according to that field's norm values.  Right, Yonik?
>
> Doug

Yep, that sounds like that would do it.

As far as API goes, I guess there should be a constructor
ConstantScoreQuery(Filter filter, String field)
If field is non-null, then the field norm can be multiplied into the score.

Now how would the user go about choosing a truely constant scoring
range query vs a constant scoring range query with the norms folded
in?
An additional flag called includeFieldBoost on ConstantScoreRangeQuery?

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706