I'm not crazy about the idea of scoring changing dramatically.   I
think people need to be able to specify the scoring style and have it
always score that way.

Indicies change size and composition over time, making it difficult to
predict when one would be hit with wildly different scoring (and most
wouldn't know it was even a possibility).  Now if scoring stayed the
same (if there was a disable_idf flag in BooleanScorer), then that
would change the analysis.

I personally don't see tf as important in PrefixQueries (although
people should still be able to instantiate the current
implementation...)

On 11/15/05, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Elschot wrote:
> > Not using the document term frequencies in PrefixQuery would still
> > leave these as a surprise factor between PrefixQuery and TermQuery.
>
> Should we dynamically decide to switch to FieldNormQuery when
> BooleanQuery.maxClauseCount is exceeded?  That way queries that
> currently work would continue to work, and queries that formerly failed
> would now work.  How complicated would this be to implement?
>
> Doug

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706