I can pick this up, but I don't think I've got much
more bandwidth than Andrzej to work on it.

I certainly don't have the time now for a port to an
Apache-friendly GUI framework but ultimately I think
Luke should end up under the "contrib" section where
it can be managed and benefit from the attention of
more than one maintainer.

Andrzej, have you tried contacting the Thinlet author
to see if he would consider releasing the old Thinlet
code under an Apache license?