On 6/16/06, George Aroush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi folks,

I realize this question is not directly related to Lucene, but I believe
it's worth asking.

With Lucene.Net (for those who don't know, is a port of Jakarta Lucene from
Java to C#) I use NUnit to test the same test code (ported to C#) that JUnit
test.  When I run the NUnit test there are 3 separate test cases where the
test is failing if the test is run as a group but will pass if each of those
tests run individually.

For example, the tests in TestPhraseQuery, which has
testBarelyCloseEnough(), testExact(), testMulipleTerms(), etc.  When I run
the entire test cases by selecting TestPhraseQuery node, the test starts
from the top to bottom and testMulipleTerms() will fail.  But if I run
testMulipleTerms() by itself it will pass.  The fail point is on the first
assert line in testMulipleTerms() -- which is (in the NUnit world):

        Assert.AreEqual(1, hits.Length(), "two total moves");

My question to you is this: does anyone know if JUnit will call setUP() and
tearDown() before and after each test method call or is setUp()/tearDown()
are only called once at test startup and shutdown?  The fail is, I am
getting back a 0, where the expected value should be 1.

setUp and tearDown will be called before and after each test runs!
http://www.junit.org/junit/javadoc/3.8.1/junit/framework/TestCase.html#setUp()
and I bet it is the same in NUnit

simon
This is rather a junit questing
Knowing this will help me diagnoses the problem.

Regards,

-- George