* Should this go into the Wiki or into the Web site? Is there a general criteria / guideline that we've converged on for Wiki vs Web site?

This seems like a first level document to me. I thought about putting it up on the Wiki initially so it would be easier to get edits done and then promote it, but in the end decided not to. I think things on the Wiki get buried and ignored to some extent. People are always asking about scoring and the query classes and how to override these things, so I think that justifies it as top-level document in my mind.

OK I agree this is an important "first level" topic, and that's a good criteria for "when Wiki" vs "when web site".

* Is there a reason why we are linking to the "ViewVC" page in the Big Picture section? Can't we just link to the javadoc?

There are no javadocs for the ones in question, I don't think. I believe the ones in question are related to BooleanWeight* and BooleanScorer* The ViewVC page was a compromise of not providing any links.

Aha!  You're right.  Sneaky.

* Should we change the title / purpose to be an overview of the Query classes and also details of scoring? I think the Query Classes section is a great intro to the different Query classes.

or even split them out into a separate document????

I like the idea of splitting them and then cross referencing between.

Mike