robert engels wrote:
I think there are a lot of applications using Lucene where "whether its lost a bit of data or not" is not acceptable.
Yeah, and I have one of them. Which is why I would love the support your talking about. But its not there yet and I am just grateful that i can get my customers back up and searching as quick as possible rather than experience an index corruption. Access to the data is more important than complete access to the data for my customers (though theyd say they certainly want both). After such an experience I have to run through the database and check if anything from the index is missing, and if it is, re index. Not ideal, but what can you do? I find it odd that you don't think non corruption is better than nothing. Its a big feature for me. If the server reboots at night and causes a corruption, I have customers that will be SOL for some time...id prefer when the server reboots, my index - whatever is left, is searchable. My customers need to work. Can't get behind on a daily product :)

I'd prefer what your talking about, but there are tons of other things I'd love to see in Lucene as well. It just seems odd to complain about them. I'd think that instead, I might spear head the development. Just not experienced enough myself to do a lot of the deeper work. You don't appear so limited. How about helping out with some transactional support :)