On Jun 15, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

I don't think anything was "held back" in this effort. Grant, are you
referring to LUCENE-1458?  That's "held back" simply because the only
person working on it (me) got distracted by other things to work on.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply Michael B. was holding back on the work. The patch has always felt half done to me because what's the point of having all of these attributes in the index if you don't have anyway of searching them, thus I was struck by the need to get it in prior to making it available in search. I realize it's complex, but here we are forcing people to upgrade for some future, long term goal.