Michael Busch wrote:
We should just not put more items in the 2.9 list anymore (except bug fixes of course) and then fix the 30 issues and don't rush them too much. If it takes until end of July I think that's acceptable. A good quality of the release should be highest priority in my opinion.

 Michael
I agree. Our approach so far has not been to rush the issues that are outstanding, but to pressure a move to 3.1 if you don't think you can finish it reasonably soon. I'd expect the committers to stick with their normal standards for committing code, and I plan too as well. On the other hand, its also probably not a great idea for a bunch of huge changes to hit trunk right before release with no time to go though dev use. So I still think that, unless its an important issue for 2.9 speficially, if you can't finish it by fairly early julyish - you should push to 3.1.

- Mark