On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Mark Miller<markrmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Busch wrote:
>>
>> Everyone who is unhappy with the release TODO's, go back in your mail
>> archive to the 2.2 release and check how many tedious little changes we made
>> to improve the release quality. And besides the maven stuff, there is not
>> really more to do compared to pre-2.2, it's just documented in a more
>> verbose (=RM-friendly) way.
>
> I didn't mean to imply anything untowards :) I'm grateful for the work you
> guys have put into making it all more friendly. I know I have seen many of
> Mike M's wiki updates on this page too, and I've always been sure its for
> the better.

Well, I made lots of silly mistakes during my releases :)  ("if you're
not making mistakes, you're not trying hard enough")

So every time I made a mistake I went and updated it.

> Even still, when I look at the process, I remember why I clung to Windows
> for so long :) Now I'm happily on Ubuntu and can still usually avoid such
> "fun" work :)

The next step after Ubuntu is OS X, of course ;)

> I'll happily soldier on though. I just wish it was all in Java :)

I pretty much find any excuse to go and write stuff in Python ;)  So,
I wrote a Python script that goes & signs/verifies sigs on all the
Maven artifacts.

Mike