Mike:
       I did just post with what I saw, feel free to read and comment on it.

       I am simply trying to work with Michael on this and trying to
understand the code.

       As I have expressed previously, I have seen a difference between 1.5
and 1.6 that is significant. Since Mike has posted some numbers on jdk 1.6,
I was hoping to eliminate all variables relating to the index and
environment and see if he sees the same thing.

        I guess I should be more clear in the email.

-John