Mark Miller wrote:
> bq. removing that if from the Multi PQ patch makes sense
>
> I didn't have a problem with that either - or other code changes - but
> jeeze, mention what you are seeing with the switch. I'll tell you what I
> saw it - not that much - a bit of improvement, but take a look at the
> Java 1.5 run - it ended up being a blade of grass holding up a boulder
> on Linux.

In fact, looking closer at my runs - for me it didn't really help at all
- I had noticed a difference of a couple to a few percent here and there
- but now looking closer, it goes both ways on different ones - some
slightly better, some slightly worse - making me think, that at least
for my setup, it just doesn't matter.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com