Agreed: so far I'm seeing serious performance loss with MultiPQ,
especially as topN gets larger, and for int sorting.

For small queue, String sort, it sometimes wins.

So if I were forced to decide now based on the current results, I
think we should keep the single PQ API.

But: I am right now optimizing John's patch to see how fast Multi PQ
can get.  I'll post it once I get it working, and post output from
re-running on my opensolaris box.

Mike