Yup, I'm not against the testing or the thought - and it is clearly more
complicated - I'm not saying its not. But I haven't seen anyone thats
come and said they haven't grokked it yet or that they had a hard time
with it (though they have run into limitations in what they have tried
to do). John and Jake are not the first the upgrade (and while they have
noted its more complicated, they grokked it too).

Its a matter of how difficult it is, not thats its a little more
complicated than the old. Doing this is an advanced Lucene op - a bunch
of people have done it already - these guys are not the first - no one
has really gotten tripped up.

I'm not in love with the new API, but I'm still waiting to see the list
of people that haven't grokked it.

I don't like the two idea of supporting two API's and I don't like the
idea of herding everyone back right after herding them over. If it
clearly made sense, I have no reason to be against it - but I'm just not
seeing that myself.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com