OK, done, see LUCENE-2037. This makes sense if for no other reason than not
putting too many irons in the fire, especially non-critical ones. I don't
see a way to assign it to myself, either I'm missing something or I'm just
underprivileged <G>, so if someone would go ahead and assign it to me I'll
work on it post 3.0.

Erick