Jonathan Doughty wrote:

> Note the Java[TM] 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SETM), v 1.3 for
> Linux, Release Candidate on
>  http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/j2sdk13/download-linux.html
>
> Cafe au Lait says "There aren't any new features here, just bug fixes
> and performance improvements."  Still, some interesting results when
> compared to IBM's current service refresh of August 18.
>
> Fellow Linux aficionados, assuming the final version doesn't take anything
> away from the release candidate, we are about to have two (or maybe make
> that three when one considers jitc, HotSpot Client, and HotSpot Server)
> winners here.  Congratulations Sun, and thank you.

No congratulations until Java is Open Source !!! :)

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
           http://relativity.yi.org | http://www.openprivacy.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.