On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Joi Ellis wrote:

[snipped]

> I tried to download the bugger last night, from three different
> ftp links and the http link, and using both Netscape and Lynx.
> The slightly-truncated file won't install itself because it fails
> its checksum test.
>
> Every single download hung at the last 64K of the file.  I've never
> had this happen before, and never on both browsers.
>
> I was here until almost midnight last night trying to complete a
> download and finally gave up. Grump.
>
> If anyone is actually able to download the thing, could you post
> something here?  I'm not going to spend another hour downloading
> 28megs of RC until I know I have a chance of succeeding.

I just downloaded it from the main ftp site: ftp.java.sun.com
It took about 4 minutes on a fairly good pipe here at work. I ran the
script to unpack it, and tested the rpm. I didn't see any errors, but I'm
not ready yet to install it until I get home and have a better environment
to play around with.