On Jan 11, 2005, at 5:43 PM, Dominic Duval wrote:

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 18:08, Marc St-Jean wrote:
I understood that some Linux distros (RedHat?) were distributing the
Blackdown JRE so there must be one live contact email where they were
able to verify licensing.

RedHat does not distribute Blackdown binaries. RedHat only distributes the IBM JRE and SDK to its customers.

I'm not 100% sure about other distributions, but I haven't heard about
any distro shipping with the Blackdown JRE or JDK. I might be wrong
though.

Dominic, do you know if RedHat was distributing Blackdown before the IBM JRE/SDK became available?

Also do you know if did they have to obtain a commercial distribution license with either IBM and/or Sun?

Marc