Okay, just for the record, I'm currently on vacation, and i don't have
access to any of my indexes at work in order to make a comparison, but the
number of unique terms in your index (which is i'm 99% sure what
indexEnum.size represents in the code you cited) seems HUGE!!!

You havne't given us a lot of details about what your index contains (ie:
the nature of the documents) .. in fact, for the number of terms you cite
(811806819) the only info we have is that the index containing that number
of terms is 29MB in size -- no idea how many documents are in that index.
But if we look at your previous email, you mentioend having a nother index
that cuases the same problem which is 120MB, which you built from 11359
files.  If we assume that index has no more then the same number of unique
terms indexed (which seems unlikely, but lets give it the benefit of the
doubt, and assume the added size is all stored fields) and assume that you
made one document per file, and that those files are 100% unique from each
other, and contain no terms in common -- that means that each file
contains roughtly 71,500 unique terms.

that seems like a lot.

A quick google search tells me that the english language contains
somewhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000 words - your index has 800 times that
many terms.  even assuming you index a lot of numerical or date based data
-- that seems like a lot.

I have to wonder if maybe you are indexing a lot of junk information by
mistake - perhaps some binary data is mistakenly getting treated as
strings?

can you tell us more about the nature of your indexes?