On 5/18/06, Marcus Falck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But since my "real" index will be around 2TB in size I don't think sorting is
the right way to go? I pretty sure I will have to modify the ranking.

They are both sorts, and they both use a priority queue.  The
differences shouldn't be that great after the FieldCache is populated.
The biggest downside to the FieldCache is the memory usage, not the
CPU.

And yes the data must be instantly available.

For each update?  If so, use a database - Lucene made different
tradeoffs in it's design.

-Yonik