On 11/27/06, Suman Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here are the values:

mergeFactor=10
maxMergeDocs=100000
minMergeDocs=100

And I see your point. At the time of the crash, I have over 5000
segments. I'll try some conservative number and try to rebuild the

Although I don't see how those settings can produce 5000 segments,
I've developed a non-recursive patch you might want to try:

The patch is to the Lucene trunk (current devel version), so if you
want to stick with Lucene 2.0, you might have to patch by hand.

-Yonik