I have looked around on Lucene web site as well as some documentation
but have not found anything to do with Concept Search.

    My definition of Concept Search is as follows:

  1.  I would have a file (list) of various phrases / N-grams which I
would like to Lucene to use as a search basis without having to type in
all these phrases manually, and have Lucene return the results as it
would normally if a single search query was entered.

    2.  An example would be - find !Wild_Animals! - where the "!" would
indicate that this is a search that would use a file (ie
Wild_Animals.txt) and read in the various phrases within this file and perform
the
search in the corpus for these phrases.

    3.  The contents of Wild_Animals.txt could look like this:
  BUFFALO
  BEAR
  MOOSE
  COYOTE
  WOLF
  MOUNTAIN GOAT
  MOUNTAIN SHEEP
  DALL SHEEP
  DEER
  KODIAK BEAR
  BROWN BEAR
  BLACK BEAR
  etc etc etc

    4.  Is my idea of a Concept Search feasible / doable???  If so, can
you point me to any documentation that exists whereby this could be done
within Lucene

    Please send any info you have on this to me -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Charles S Patridge - PDPC, Ltd.
172 Monce Road - Burlington, CT 06013 USA
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.sconsig.com
Web: http://pages.prodigy.net/charles_s_patridge
Web: http://www.munic.state.ct.us/burlington