<<What *would* be tricky is phrase queries since inserting a new term breaks
the
offsets AFAIK.>>

I thought that that's the point in the Synonym injection
example, setting Term.setPositionIncrement(0) for the injected
token(s). That way. phrase queries work since all of the
injected tokens share the same offset....

But I've been wrong before.

Erick

On 5/16/07, Daniel Noll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 23:50:55 Erick Erickson wrote:
> That's interesting. I suppose you could add the "synonym" of
> WildAnimals$ whenever you encountered any of the items in your
> list, then when concept searching is called for, search on
> WildAnimals$.
>
> Highlighting might be tricky, but certainly do-able, especially with
> the capabilities of a MemoryIndex......

I'm not even convinced it would be tricky.  I'm fairly sure that if the
token
stream returns two terms over the same span, that they would have the same
start offset and end offset and highlight identically.

What *would* be tricky is phrase queries since inserting a new term breaks
the
offsets AFAIK.

Although, I suppose you could always store the concepts in a different
field
and not modify the analyser being used for the text itself.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll
Nuix Pty Ltd