I'm trying to build a custom MoreLikeThis implementation that will run within solr and I've run into a few API hurdles...

1. Can MLT.java be modified to optionally take the Similarity implementation in the constructor? Currently it is hardcoded to:
 private Similarity similarity = new DefaultSimilarity();

2. Do retrieveTerms(int docNum) and createQuery(PriorityQueue q) need to be private? Can they be public? If not public, could they at least be protected?

3. Can isNoiseWord() be protected?

If these changes sound reasonable, I'll make a JIRA patch.

thanks
ryan