So,
Anyone ever stored the data in the index also ? What are your experiences ?

Thanks a lot

Gui

On Sep 3, 2007, at 3:47 PM, Guilherme Barile wrote:

Storing the data in the index, mainly for non-structured data.
We plan to implement something like this ThingDB from http:// demo.openlibrary.org/about/tech, and though that maybe lucene + JdbcDirectory could act as a backend.

gui

On Sep 3, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Askar Zaidi wrote:

Yes. Every time a user updates a piece of information, you do the update in the DB as well as the Index. If you are using Hibernate, they have an API that does this mapping. I am not sure why you plan to store data in the Index ?? Storing data is the DBs job, searching is the Index job. I would suggest you have both (a schema for your data and an index). Thats what I did. I could have stored everything on the Lucene Index, but I am scared as the application grows I will need a DB system eventually. I don't think
people use Lucene to "store" data just as they do it in a DBMS.

-
Askar