Hi,

At first, we thought we would use a "dual" approach, an Lucene index
and a RDBMS for storage.

While prototyping, for simplicity sake, we used the Lucene index as
storage, thinking we could easily replace it later. So far, speed is
satisfying enough that we are going to keep data there util retrieval
performance becomes an issue.

But our data is mainly "static", with changes only a few times a week.

Our main data is an XML document.

Hope this helps.

Patrick