: I use StandardAnalyzer.the records daily ranges from 5 crore to 6 crore. for
: every second i am updating my Index. i instantiate IndexSearcher object one
: time for all the searches. for an hour can i see the updated records in the
: indexstore by reinstantiating IndexSearcher object.but the problem when i
: reinstantiate IndexSearcher ,my RAM memory gets appended.is there any

skimming hte code below, you are opening an IndexSearcher over a
MultiReader over 4 seperate IndexReaders ... when you instantiate a new
IndexSearcher are you explicitly closing both the old IndexSearcher as
well as all of 4 of those old IndexReaders and the MultiReader?

closing an IndexSearcher will only close the underlying Reader if it
opened it .. and a MultiReader constructed from other IndexReaders will
never close them.

-Hoss