Just trying to grasp the concept.

I want to search a text file where each line is a separate item to be
searched.  When text it entered by the user, I want to return all the lines
in which that text appears.

For example, if the text file has:

I like apples.

I went to the store.

I bought an apple.

If the user searches "apple", I want it to return the first and third
sentences.

Is each sentence a Token?  Is the user input going to be a QueryParser?  How
should I read in the file so that each line of text is a token to search?

Thanks in advance.

Brittany Jacobs

Java Developer

JBManagement, Inc.

12 Christopher Way, Suite 103

Eatontown, NJ 07724

ph: 732-542-9200 ext. 229

fax: 732-380-0678

email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  • getting st... Brittany Jacobs
    • Re: g... Ian Lea
      • R... Brittany Jacobs
    • Re: g... roy-lucene-user