Mark Miller wrote:
Hmmm - you can probably get qsol to do it: http://myhardshadow.com/qsol. I think you can setup any token to expand to anything with a regex matcher and use group capturing in the replacement (I don't fully remember though, been a while since I've used it).

So you could do a regex of something like : >=([0-9]+) and have it expand to [$1 rng Integer.Max] or something. Then handle the other cases.

You also might come up with your own regex that you could apply to the standard Lucene query parser syntax, and pre-process using the same strategy.

Check the "New flexible query parser" thread in the java-dev,
This new parser if it is committed, has some of the features discussed in this thread.

--
-Lafa