Hi,

In my indexer app (based on the IndexFiles.java demo), I am adding the "path"
field:

    doc.add(new Field("path", f.getPath(), Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED));

Per Luke, the full path (e.g., "c:\....\xxxx.yyy") gets parsed, and one of the
terms (again, per Luke) is "xxxx", i.e., the actual file name, but without the
extension.

Then, when I search with Luke for "path:xxxx", that succeeds, as expected, and
when I search with Luke for "path:xxxx.yyy", that fails, as expected.

But, if I search using the demo web app, for "path:xxxx.yyy", it succeeds.

Since the Luke search for "path:xxxx.yyy" fails, I don't understand why the web
app search for "path:xxxx.yyy" would succeed?

Thanks,
Jim