Von: Darren Hartford [mailto:dhartf...@ghsinc.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010 15:12
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Lucene as a primary datastore

My two cents is no, not to use lucene as a primary datastore.  Although
there are some datastores that look similar to lucene who define
themselves as primary datastores (the 'nosql' style datastores), I would
put lucene besides the likes of RRD and other specifically purposed
information stores that are about providing information and
functionality, but not necessarily be the gatekeeper of your raw (gold)
data.

Caveat: My definition of raw, or 'gold', data is detailed data and the
audit/transaction history to identify the origin of the detailed data.
So it's not just the end result (often called 'current') data, it's all
the data on how it got to the current state and as it fluctuates over
time.

My two coppers,

-D