It's not searching that I'm wondering about. The memory size, as
far as I understand, really only has document resolution. That is, you
can't index a part of a document, flush to disk, then index the rest of
the document. The entire document is parsed into memory, and only
then flushed to disk if RAMBuffer size is exceeded.

Which is why I'm wondering if your documents get absurdly huge as
you index more and more of them.....

Erick