Greetings,
    In the past (Lucene version 2.x) I successfully used
MultiSearcher.subsearcher() to identify the searchable within a MultiSearcher
to which a hit belonged.

In moving to Lucene 3.3, MultiSearcher is now deprecated, and I am trying to
create a standard IndexSearcher over a MultiReader.  I haven't gotten this to
work yet but it appears to be the correct approach.  However, I cannot find any
corresponding "subsearcher" method that could identify which subreader is the
one that finds the hit.

For example, it used to be straightforward:

Create a MultiSearcher over several Searchables, and call
MultiSearcher.subsearcher to get the searchable that holds each search hit.

Now, I am creating an IndexSearcher over a MultiReader, which is created over
an array of IndexReaders.   So when I get a hit, what's the best way to
determine which of the several subReaders the hit came from?

Thanks in advance,
JMA